Thursday, July 15, 2010

33 Weeks


♥ Only 7 weeks to go, but measuring at 36 weeks now, so... that means about 4 weeks to go doctor says. BUT this baby is half Ward and Podell, so if I had to guess, with my luck we won't see this baby until my due date or after, haha. No weird cravings, just been eating a lot of salads and breadsticks with nacho cheese from Monical's Pizza. In the past two weeks, since the last update, nothing has gone on other than my wonderful baby shower. Nick and I were and still are very thankful for all the goodies we received. I do believe we got everything we needed or wanted besides one thing and we are in the process of getting that (a glider rocker). I have had a ton of swelling and contractions the past few weeks. Tuesday night, 7-13, Nick and I went and saw Luke Bryan and Justin Moore at the Newton County Fair, Pabbam went nuts. From one end of the belly to the other and in the bladder and ribs, OUCH! But it was a great concert and would love to see those guys any day of the week :) ♥

♥ Yesterday, 7-14, I had an ob appointment. Needless to say, Dr. Sam says I'm overdoing it. I figured this was coming but not so soon (or at least I feel it was soon). She was very concerned with all of my swelling, apparently I like salt way to much (which is true). I was told to drink at least 8 bottles of water a day, wow, the toilet will be my best friend for the rest of this pregnancy. She put me on bed rest for the next two days and said if I'm not feeling better (because there for a while and then the past 3 days I haven't felt the greatest) after this weekend then she'll put me on more restrictions. But she cut my work hours to 30 hours a week. No running patients until after the baby is born. So that means I'll be in the lab working the rest of the time, which is fine but can be boring. I can work a few more hours than 30 if I'm in the lab and feeling up to it. Which most likely I will be fine because I'm not on my feet all day. Dr. Sam said no mowing (boooo, I love to mow). (I should have seen that one coming.) But other than all of that everything is good. Dr. Sam said to have my bags packed (yikes, I can't believe this is all happening so fast), and car seat ready in the car or truck. My next appointment is July 28 and the fun will begin. If Pabbam has turned (back to breach) then she will have the baby turned that day (she said we will go straight over to the hospital). From that appointment on out, I'll be seeing her every week until the little monster gets here :) I won't update the blog again until the next appointment. Nick is doing great. He likes his job. They have already asked him to take a higher position but he turned it down for now. There is a lot that the job entitles and they weren't offering anything more with it, so he and I decided it wouldn't be worth it. (Maybe in the long run it may, but we are just concerned about now) If he were to take the position he'd be working more than 50 hours a week, he'd be a supervisor (they call them "the lead man" that way they don't have to pay them the supervisor wage), and being in charge of more than 10 men and working more than 50 hours a week plus every Saturday with no extra baggage it just isn't worth it. But enough with me blabbing. I'm going to go back to bed, it is only 4 am that I'm writing this. So until the 28, be safe, have fun, and take care! Love you all!!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment